This 2 year course provides the skills and underpinning knowledge you need to become recognised as a bricklayer. You will gain practical experience in our fully equipped workshops. The course requires a commitment of 15 hours per week.
Bricklayers build and repair walls, chimney stacks, tunnel linings and decorative stonework. They may also refurbish brickwork and masonry on restoration projects. As well as bricklaying, you will learn various types of walling and all aspects of building.
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Building solid walling, isolated and attached piers
- Interpreting working drawings to set out masonry structures
- Construct cavity walling forming masonry structures
- Producing thin joint masonry and masonry cladding
MODULES MAY INCLUDE:
- Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others
- Knowledge of building methods and construction technology
- Know how to carry out safe working practices in construction
- Know how to build cavity walling forming masonry structures