At NVQ Level 3 you will develop artistic flair and gain insight into supervisory roles within salons.
Ideal if you are employed in a salon and want to pursue your career in hairdressing as a stylist/senior stylist. Hair company technician or start your own business.
You will learn how to creatively cut hair, colour and lighten hair, hair colour correction services, cut men's hairstyles and provide client consultation services.
You will develop and enhance your creative hairdressing skills in your salon and the College's hair salons.
The Hairdressing Level 3 NVQ will consist of 9 units – 4 core units plus 5 optional units.
Subjects studied will include:
• Ensuring your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
• Promoting additional products or services to clients
• Providing hairdressing consultation services
• Creating a variety of looks using a combination of cutting techniques
• Styling and dressing hair to achieve a variety of creative
• Styling and dressing long hair
• Providing colour correction services
• Colouring hair using a variety of techniques