Catering - Skills for Work (Level 2)
This course can lead directly to a career as a commis chef or progress to further study.
Modules may include:
Maintain, handle and clean knives
The course consists of both core and optional units.
• Maintaining a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
• Contributing to effective teamwork
• Maintaining food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
• Preparing fish for basic dishes
• Preparing meat for basic dishes
• Preparing poultry for basic dishes
• Preparing vegetables for basic dishes
• Cooking and finishing basic fish dishes
• Cooking and finishing basic meat dishes
• Cooking and finishing basic poultry dishes
• Cooking and finishing basic vegetable dishes
• Preparing, cooking and finishing basic hot sauces
• Preparing, cooking and finishing basic soups
• Making basic stock
• Preparing shellfish for basic dishes
• Cooking and finishing basic shellfish
• Preparing, cooking and finishing basic rice dishes
• Preparing, cooking and finishing basic pasta dishes
• Preparing, cooking and finishing basic bread and dough products
• Preparing, cooking and finishing basic cakes sponges and scones
• Preparing, cooking and finishing basic pastry products
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
If you have just completed your GCSEs Further Education is most likely the option for you. FE covers qualifications from entry to higher level qualifications such as Awards, Certificates, Diplomas, NVQ, BTEC and Apprenticeships.Explore Further Education
Level 3 NVQ Professional Cookery - Patisserie and Confectionary
This course is suitable if you wish to pursue a career in advanced patisserie
Catering - Apprenticeship (Level 2)
This course aims to provide realistic training in food preparation for the industry at a basic level.
Catering - Apprenticeship NI (Level 3)
This course is aimed at those who have achieved a Level 2 or equivalent qualification in Professional Cookery
Ulster University Foundation Degree In Tourism, Hospitality and Events
This course offers exciting, modern and engaging content, embracing all three industries. It provides students with the opportunity to appreciate the symbiotic relationship that binds tourism, hospitality and events, while simultaneously acquiring a balanced mix of academic and practical skills.