Modules studied may include:
- Maintain the health hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Develop Product working relationships with colleagues
- Maintain Food Safety when storing preparing and cooking food.
- Prepare Poultry for Complex dishes
- Cook and finish complex poultry dishes
- Prepare Meat for Complex dishes
- Cook and finish complex meat dishes
- Prepare Fish for complex dishes
- Cook and finish complex fish dishes
- Prepare Shell fish for complex dishes
- Prepare Cook and finish complex shell fish dishes
- Cook and finish complex vegetable dishes
- Prepare Cook and Finish dressing and cold sauces
- Prepare Cook and Finish complex soups
- Prepare Cook and Finish cold desserts
You will also work towards a Personal Development qualification and will be involved in a range of activities, designed to improve your employability.
This practical programme is aimed at developing skills through food preparation and service in a realistic fine dining environment.
The course content includes preparation and cooking of complex soups, sauces and dressings, fish and shell fish, meat, poultry, game and offal dishes; there are also elements of patisserie and confectionary included in the course content.
Students will be given the opportunity to complete regular work placement within a relevant hospitality establishment.