Catering - Apprenticeship (Level 2)
This course aims to provide realistic training in food preparation for the industry at a basic level.
This course is the equivalent to one GCSE at A*-C and enables you to learn a range of catering skills, both practical and theoretical.
You must have secured employment (minimum of 21 hours, inclusive of college hours) within the industry. You need to be 16 or over by the end of June but no older than 24.
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
Modules may include:
- Maintaining a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Contributing to effective teamwork
- Maintaining food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Maintain, handle and clean knives
Optional modules may include:
- Preparing fish for basic dishes
- Preparing meat for basic dishes
- Preparing poultry for basic dishes
- Preparing vegetables for basic dishes
- Cooking and finishing basic fish dishes
- Cooking and finishing basic meat dishes
- Cooking and finishing basic poultry dishes
- Cooking and finishing basic vegetable dishes
- Preparing, cooking and finishing basic hot sauces
- Preparing, cooking and finishing basic soups
- Making basic stock
- Preparing, cooking and finishing basic rice dishes
- Preparing, cooking and finishing basic pasta dishes
- Preparing, cooking and finishing basic bread and dough products
- Preparing, cooking and finishing basic cakes sponges and scones
- Preparing, cooking and finishing basic pastry products
You will also work towards a Personal Development qualification and will be involved in a range of activities, designed to improve your employability.
You will be required to complete Essential Skills in Literacy, Numeracy or ICT if you do not have a GCSE grade C in English or Maths or Computing.
An employer and 5 GCSEs including at least Grade F in English and Maths. However to help you succeed on the course it is preferable if you have a minimum of Grade D in Maths and English
If you have just completed your GCSEs Further Education is most likely the option for you. FE covers qualifications from entry to higher level qualifications such as Awards, Certificates, Diplomas, NVQ, BTEC and Apprenticeships.Explore Further Education
Level 3 NVQ Professional Cookery - Patisserie and Confectionary
This course is suitable if you wish to pursue a career in advanced patisserie
Catering - Apprenticeship NI (Level 3)
This course is aimed at those who have achieved a Level 2 or equivalent qualification in Professional Cookery
Ulster University Foundation Degree In Tourism, Hospitality and Events
This course offers exciting, modern and engaging content, embracing all three industries. It provides students with the opportunity to appreciate the symbiotic relationship that binds tourism, hospitality and events, while simultaneously acquiring a balanced mix of academic and practical skills.