CPCAB Level 5 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills and Theory
This qualification is for candidates who are already working as counselling practitioners and who want to develop their skills in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and use these skills as an integral part of their work.
Course Code: 72052
Duration: 31 to 32 Weeks
Accreditation of prior learning is a process by which you may be awarded credits for learning that you have gained in the past and which is relevant to the course to which you have applied. It may be certificated or experiential learning.
Candidates should be a member of BACP or BABCP. Entry to the course is subject to interview.
How will I be assessed and given feedback?
Where will it take me?
This Qualification is made up of one mandatory unit which has seven learning outcomes:
- Work safely, legally and ethically as a counsellor using the CBT approach.
- Use the CBT framework to structure the therapeutic relationship.
- Integrate understanding of diversity in CBT work.
- Use a coherent CBT approach to work with individual clients and their needs.
- Work with self awareness as a counsellor using the CBT approach.
- Use CBT theory, research and techniques coherently within counselling work
- Monitor and maintain professional effectiveness as a counsellor using the CBT approach.
If you have just completed your A-Levels Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND, Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
CPCAB Level 4 Diploma In Therapeutic Counselling
This course offers a relational model of training based on psychodynamic and person, centred theories.
Ulster University Foundation Degree In Counselling
This course aims to provide the counselling student with a comprehensive and flexible framework for education and training in line with professional accreditation requirements, which would facilitate safe practice within both the counselling and counselling skills arenas. At all levels students will be able to gain knowledge of key aspects of the counselling process, with the aim of becoming Integrative Counsellors.
Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Health and Social Care
This 1 Year course is broadly equivalent to 1 A Level and enables you to learn about health related subjects