C&G Level 4 Certificate In Advanced Automotive Diagnostic Techniques
This qualification is aimed at people who are looking to develop their knowledge and skills of diagnosing and rectifying vehicle system faults and to develop their capacity to meet customer needs in relation to their vehicle and their rights and responsibilities.
Course Code: 70337
Duration: 33 Weeks
This Level develops the ability to coach, support and supervise colleagues.
- Advanced Vehicle Technology and Diagnostic Techniques
- Advanced Vehicle Electrical/Electronic Technology
- Maintaining Diagnostic Equipment and Technical Information Systems
- Coaching, Support and Supervisory Techniques
- Communication Techniques for Customer Care
- Automotive Safety and Legal requirement
3.5 hours contact time per week to include practical classes, lectures, workshops or tutorials.
A further 3 hours per week, on average, studying and preparing assessments in your own time per week, including use of online materials.
General Entry Requirements:
- Level 3 in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair
- Access Diploma in Foundation Studies with an overall average of 50%
English Language Requirements for International students:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- IELTS 6.0 (minimum of 5.5 in all skills)
- PTE 51 Or an approved equivalent test in English
Equivalent qualifications include:
- Grade C (or above) in GCSE English
- Successfully completion of a Level 3 Vocational Programme with assessments completed in English Language
- Essential Skills in Literacy (Level 2)
- ESOL Level 2
Tier 4 Students:
- SERC will only accept a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for issuing a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- Successful completion of the admissions process
- Provide evidence of ability to undertake the programme by meeting the requirements for the accreditation of prior experiential learning. Further details on APEL can be found in the admissions section
How will I be assessed and given feedback?
Where will it take me?
How will it make me more employable?
If you have just completed your A-Levels Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND, Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
Level 3 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Competence
This qualification is designed to develop individual’s knowledge and application of diagnosing and rectifying vehicle system faults.
Construction Plant Maintenance - Apprenticeship NI (Level 2)
This 2 year course will equip you with the skills needed to become a construction plant mechanic involved in the service and maintenance of equipment used on construction sites.
Motor Vehicle - Apprenticeship (Level 2)
This course is offered with Light Vehicle Repair or Heavy Vehicle Repair options.