Bricklayers build and repair walls, chimney stacks, tunnel linings and decorative stonework. They may also refurbish brickwork and masonry on restoration projects.
This 2 year course is designed to equip students with the skills and knowledge to further develop a career in Bricklaying. 1-2 Days a week will be spent in college and 2-3 days will be spent on site with an employer.
Level 3 City & Guilds Diploma in Bricklaying (6705-33)
Subjects studied will include:
- Safe working practices
- Information, quantities and communicating
- Building methods and construction technology
- Structural and decorative brickwork
- Repair and maintain masonry structures
- Complex masonry structures
- Detailed brickwork